Thursday, April 1, 2010

April 1st....how I love this day

In the IT/Telecom world I feel that sometimes things can get a little blaw... And when I need a little excitement I sometimes feel the need for a prank on fellow co-workers. Nothing to harmful...usually :) but just something to get a rise out of people to remind us that we are still alive.

I personally believe April 1st is a day that we all should celebrate in some small way.

For instance, I've got a co-worker who still has a tendency to look at his keys while typing. So a simple swap of the letter "M" and the letter "N" created some confusion this morning. The conversation went something like "Hey AJ what is wrong with this database, I keep typing in the password and it's not working. Looks like someone changed it". I responded "hmmm...let me try here. Nope working fine here, you must not know what you're doing". After some harder typing for a minute I laughed, advised what I'd done, and that was that.

Over the years I've pulled my share of pranks. That was a simpler one. What kind of pranks have you pulled? Maybe we should compile a list of pranks that we've all pulled throughout the years!

P.S. I told my wife last night that I was planning some pranks today for April fools...then of course I wake up completely forgetting April fools and she got me right off the bat with the classic "I'm pregnant". She had me good to. Though I advised she'd better watch out on that one, things have a way of coming back on you :)

3 comments:

  1. That's just mean. I mean, it's hilarious, but mean.

    I mean what your wife did. ;-)

    What you did was funny! Touch typing is important!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Matt:
    Yeah he told me later on that something didn't feel quite right...but he was trusting his eyes lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had an ex employee that lost his company laptop, said it was stolen, I looked for a laptop on Ebay, altered the images and put our companies website on the "screen" and uploaded it to my site. We showed him the link and he went off like Adam Sandler in the "Waterboy", he was so excited, "slap hands, slap hands" .. It was not much longer until he was let go due to incompetence in the field as a technician.

    Btw the link is still active:
    http://www.cjtreasurechest.com/ebay/

    ReplyDelete